Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What Students Should Know About Their Digital Footprints

I wanted to share an article that I read this morning in Edreach written by Don Goble. In "10 Things Your Students Should Know About Their Digital Footprints" the author contemplates some of the mistakes he made in puberty and how he, like me, is quite thankful that those events are not "Googleable."

However, this is not the same for our students and children so I thought this would be a great topic given all of the free time they will have during their Christmas break.

Click on the following link to discover "10 Things Your Students Should Know About Their Digital Footprints" and I agree that "it behooves us as educators to help our students shape and build a positive legacy."

1 comment:

  1. This is an article that every person using the internet should read. I wonder, in my ignorance, how many things I have done wrong when sharing, exploring, facebooking, tweeting, and blogging. It does scare me to think that a comment meant to be funny but isn't is floating out there for all to see. Or a secret shared between friends really isn't a secret anymore. To my knowledge there isn't a You Tube video of me tripping over my own feet or falling on the ice. But who knows, with so many cameras at our fingertips I could be an internet sensation and not even know it. The fact that our permanent digital footprint can never totally be erased should scare the heck out of all of us. As digital citizens we do have a responsibility to be careful and smart about our digital presence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
MDZE3SGDZH9Y