Friday, May 3, 2013

Every Kid Needs A Champion

I thought I would share Rita Pierson's recent TED talk as your semester winds down. A little motivation at the end of a school year is always a good thing, isn't it?

Rita has been a teacher, counselor, testing coordinator and an assistant principal for 40 years. Unbelievably, she once heard a colleague say, "They don't pay me to like the kids." Her response was, "Kids don't learn from people they don’t like.” Her TED talk is an inspiring challenge to educators to believe in their students and to actually connect with them on a real, human, personal level. As she quotes James Comer, "No significant learning can occur without a significant relationship."

Please watch the video below or click HERE:

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile and brought tears to my eyes. That must mean it was the perfect talk. I'm sharing this on Teacher Appreciation Day with a group of ESL educators to inspire them for tomorrow, to thank them for today, and to recognize them for all their dedicated efforts with the ESL children in their care.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
MDZE3SGDZH9Y