Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Viewzi

I just found a new search engine while reading the Unquiet Library blog. According to the blog, "In a nutshell, Viewzi searches a wide range of content, including websites, videos, mp3 files , images, news sites, and Google Books; it can generate tag clouds related to your search and allow you to search content related to those tags, too!

I think students, especially visually oriented learners, will enjoy this graphic way of searching and exploring results! I am looking forward to exploring this fun alternative search engine.

You can read more about Viewzi in this Read Write Web article; you may also want to check out this TechCrunch article. Follow Viewzi on Twitter! for updates and news on Viewzi."

Here is a screen shot from when I searched for CareerTech Testing:


I did a few searches and really liked what I saw. Take a look and tell me what you think??? J.T.

1 comment:

  1. I like Viewzi as you get a visual snapshot and can recognize favorites (blogs/people) you are following almost immediately! NICE. Especially for those of us who are lazy and would rather 'look' than 'read!'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
MDZE3SGDZH9Y