Monday, November 26, 2012

Who is Teaching Your Children? Teachers Hire Test-Takers to Take Their Certification Exams

Teaching has always been a time-honored and respected profession as a Gallup poll shows high school teachers rank as the fourth highest profession in regards to honesty and ethical standards.

Is this ranking in jeopardy given the cheating scandals in Atlanta and Houston and today's disturbing Associated Press article written by Adrian Sainz, entitled "Feds: Teachers Embroiled in Test-Taking Fraud?"

This fifteen year-long conspiracy involved aspiring public school teachers in Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas who hired a proxy to cheat on the tests they must pass to prove they are qualified to lead their classrooms.

Although this has happened a few other times on teacher certification tests, most cheating involves students cheating on tests and those stories seem to be more and more common as time goes by.

Do people not think that cheating is wrong anymore?

Please read the article in its entirety by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember the stress of taking my comps when I did my grad work, unbelievable pressure, but the thought of cheating never crossed my mind. Hiding, running, praying, yes, but never cheating! I can't imagine being so unsure of my abilities that I would hire a person to take a test for me. Especially one that is based on what I've deemed as my life's profession and has taken so many years to prepare for. This situation is both discouraging and disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
MDZE3SGDZH9Y